The Director of Client Strategy is a member of the CESM strategy team and, as such, plays and important role in maintaining and growing existing client relationships. This leadership role is both strategic and operational in nature and encompasses the following:
- Leading a short list of clients’ businesses, understanding their marketing objectives, and providing effective data-driven solutions to the client.
- This team member will guide the team in the conception and delivery of innovative, business-building solutions as well as contributing to new business efforts.
- This team member will serve as the primary contact at CESM responsible for owning the relationships across several key accounts.
This position reports directly to the V.P. of Client Service, and has potential for future advancement. Ideal candidates will possess 5+ years of related work experience in a fast paced setting. Primary responsibilities include:
- Partner with V.P. of Client Service and vertical lead to support clients and lead end-to-end communications responsible for building relationships and serving as a trusted advisor at CESM
- Understand and translate the client’s marketing objectives into actionable next steps to effectively lead the media strategy and development of campaigns
- Own the media strategies and forecasts developed to achieve client’s revenue/sales targets across all platforms
- Use a data-first approach to leverage research, insights, and implications to shape the campaign and channel planning
- Develop client presentations and other communications that are clear and persuasive
- Provide thorough analysis of strategy or campaign performance, lead optimizations across all channels to ensure campaigns are optimized to meet client business objectives.
- Work with vertical lead to scope and define project parameters based upon campaign objectives and develop SOWs and profitable fee structures
- Provide governance and strategic oversight on the planning and reporting functions, and be accountable for all deliverables produced by the team.
- Work collaboratively interdepartmentally to manage workflow, ensuring flawless and timely execution
- Lead the growth and retention of client portfolio with incremental/upsell opportunities
- Participate in new business pitches
- Supervise the daily functions, development, and growth of junior team members and direct reports, offering training, feedback, and guidance as needed
- Understand clients’ budgets across all media channels, inclusive of full year revenue, and gross margin.
- Provide regular updates to the leadership team
- Immerse yourself in the client’s business and develop the knowledge base needed to become a key strategic partner
Experience, Education, and Essentials for Success:
- Substantial experience developing implementing and optimizing data-driven, targeted marketing strategies
- Extensive knowledge of planning within the traditional and digital advertising landscape; inclusive of programmatic, social, SEM, mobile, Amazon, and other digital channels.
- Solid understanding of digital and traditional advertising , ad-serving platforms, DMPs, DSPs, attribution measurement
- Excellent analytical skills to confidently evaluate and optimize campaigns performance and deliver insights to clients
- An innovative, thought leader who seeks out industry changes and emerging trends or opportunities with technology and data, and can incorporate them into actionable marketing plan elements
- Strong project management skills; ability to capture and manage action items
- Quickly adaptable client centered thinking
- Confident and strong presentation skills
- Consistently strives to improve approach, methods and media deliverables
- Listen and react quickly to resolve issues and identify opportunities within the department and internal channels
- Manage a team to consistently, successfully deliver execution of complex programs
- Ability to see the “big picture”, prioritize appropriately, and embrace a “team” concept
- BA or BS degree in Business, Communication ,MIS, Analytics, Marketing, Finance or related field (MA, MS or MBA degree in a related field preferred)
Essentials for Success
- 5+ years’ experience in managing campaigns, driving demand and optimizing pipelines.
- Experience developing acquisition and performance marketing strategies including all paid media channels
- Entrepreneurial personality and passion for success
- Ability to manage, coach and develop a team
- Combination of strategic thinker and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- “Whatever it takes” approach to solving complex business scenarios
All employees benefit from a highly competitive compensation and benefit structure.Interested Applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule interviews.
CAUSE + EFFECT Strategy and Marketing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CAUSE + EFFECT Strategy and Marketing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.